Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pay by smartphone coming? Put away the credit cards. This could make things really convenient. Or dangerous?

Personally, I am all for it. I'm all about convenience. I rarely carry cash, so I only carry a business card holder for the few cards I carry. Something like this might make it so I wouldn't even have to carry that around. But you probably still need ID, so maybe not.



One thing it could do though is make smartphones an even more valuable target to steal and hack. I'm curious to know just how safe it can be. They've had technology like this in Japan for a few years now, but I haven't heard much about it. Any thoughts?

Amplify’d from www.betanews.com
U.S. networks rally behind "wallet phones" as NFC-capable Android nears
Isis NFC wallet phone

Mobile network operators AT&T, Verizon Wireless, and T-Mobile USA today announced they have joined forces in a new venture called Isis, a commerce network based upon so-called "wallet phones."

Read more at www.betanews.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...