Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A bottle that tells you when you're thirsty. What's next? A bed that tells you when you're tired?

I wouldn't mind having my bed tell me when it's time to sleep, especially if it would work on my kids! Seriously though, a bottle that tells us when we are thirsty? Don't get me wrong, the technology is amazing to be able to do such a thing, and the design looks great too. But do I really need a bottle to tell me this? I think the body already does a pretty masterful job at doing such things.



I've heard that the average American already owns between 4-6 devices that connect to the Internet (I'm sure I own quite a bit more, much to the dismay of my poor wife ;-)). In 10 years, that number is expected to grow 10-fold. We live in an era of exponential technological growth. Technology is advancing at an unprecedented rate, and it just keeps growing. Sure we're not talking about flying cars anymore ,ala the Jetsons, but we're not far off from refrigerators that connect to the web and notify us when we need groceries and help us keep inventory of food. Who knows? We may even have fridges that order the food for us or that decide our diet based upon our BMI, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. Given the kinds of advancement, It's not hard to imagine that we may see GPS trackers for animals (I'm sure they exist, but I mean more prominently). Or how about a translator for animals that tells us when they want to go out, want food, or need to do their duty?



It's really quite endless the possibilities of gadgets and web-enabled devices that we may carry in the future. Can you believe we actually lived in a time without cell phone and internet? My kids will never no such unenlightened times.

Amplify’d from www.engadget.com

Futuristic water bottle uses technology, science to let you know you're thirsty

The future is a scary place, yes -- but one thing we don't need to fear is being unaware that we're thirsty. Research and development firm Cambridge Consultants will be showing off its intriguing "i-dration" concept fitness water bottle at CES in a few weeks, combining a series of sensors on the bottle itself that communicate with an app you've got installed on your smartphone. The bottle will measure ambient temperature, how much fluid you've pounded, and how often you've consumed it;
Read more at www.engadget.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...