Friday, December 31, 2010

Keep moving forward. Don’t look back. Happy New Year!


Alright, so at the beginning of this blog I mentioned how this blog would be an assortment of a lot of things that I think about and take interest in. But from time to time (on rare occasion) I may write about something of a spiritual or religious sense. I don’t want to do this often because I don’t want to get on controversial topics with readers, especially any that people might take offense to. So I refrain from coming off as preachy or imposing of my religious viewpoints.
With that said, I absolutely felt like this was one topic that needed to be shared. This is a video that was released through an LDS channel on YouTube that comes from my church (I’m not sure if it’s directly sanctioned by the church or made by church members). Anyway, it is a message that I think applies to all people on New Year’s. It is about leaving our past behind us and moving forward. It brings up the example of Lot’s wife from the Bible and how she looked backward towards the city that God had commanded them to leave. And as a result, she became a pillar of salt.
We all have things in our past that we may not be proud of. We all have regrets and things that we need to change about ourselves. The New Year is a blessing because it is a time where we can have a fresh start all over again. We can forget the past for a moment and dwell on the future. We can set new goals for ourselves and work hard to obtain them. Everyone gets the chance again to set things right and have a figurative clean slate again.
This New Year I feel particularly humbled. I finished grad school in 2010 and have yet to find employment. As one of my goals for 2011, I want that to change. This year is going to be a changing one for me and my family. I am almost certain of it. This year I resolve to be a little better, a little humbler, a better peace-maker in my home, a better father and husband. I look forward to this New Year as a new chance at life. I know I have made mistakes and have let myself down at times, but I am resolving to leave that all behind now and forget about the past. In 2011, I will be looking ahead to my future and striving to live each day as a gift from God.
May God bless everyone at this joyous season of the year, and may you all have (or should I say “make”) a wonderful New Year!
Happy New Year 2011! Be sure to check out the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...